Join Our Team
Open Position: Plant Engineer
Craig Industries, Inc., a growing manufacturer in the building materials industry, is looking to hire a Plant Engineer.
Primary responsibility of the Plant Engineer will to ensure our manufacturing equipment and facilities and maintained to the highest standard.
Essential Functions of the Plant Engineer:
- Establishing and Maintaining a Preventative Maintenance Schedule
- Designing and Troubleshooting electrical controls and mechanical issues as needed
- Designing Mechanical/Electrical systems for in-plant use
- Assisting with fabrication projects on an as-needed basis
- Diagnosing equipment failure issues and providing solutions to same
- Diagnosing and Troubleshooting hydraulic and pneumatic equipment failures
- Directing maintenance team and prioritizing projects
- Working with Operations Management to improve manufacturing systems through Lean principals, automation and process improvement
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience recommended
- Practical experience with 120/230v single-phase and 208-230/480v electrical systems helpful
- AutoCad or Design CAD experience helpful
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley controls design and troubleshooting a definite plus
The successful candidate must have the ability to work well with others, have great communication skills, be organized and have the ability prioritize projects based on management direction. A history of work that required problem solving skills, critical thinking, collaboration and the ability to work well under pressure is preferred. We are looking for a candidate who will “own” the position and take initiative to improve our equipment, maintenance programs and manufacturing processes.
The Plant Engineer will report to the Plant Manager. Pay based on experience. Competitive compensation package with health, dental, vision, 401K and more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-Time
Get In Touch
401 Delaware St.
Quincy, IL 62301
> Open Hours
Mon: 8am – 5pm
Tue: 8am – 5pm
Wed: 8am – 5pm
Thur: 8am – 5pm
Fri: 8am – 5pm